2 dead in weekend shootings

A Josephine County Sheriff’s Office deputy interviews a witness after a shooting on Kerby Ave. Sunday, Nov. 19. As of press time no more information has been released about the shooting. (Photo by Daniel J. Mancuso, Illinois Valley News)

A Nov. 18 robbery at an OLCC recreational grow resulted in two deaths – the 15-year-old son and 23-year-old nephew of the owner of the grow on White Schoolhouse Rd.
The robbers fled the scene in two vehicles, a black Nisson Altima and a U-Hall truck.
Both were pulled over on Redwood Hwy in Grants Pass the same evening to find the driver of the Altima with a gun shot wound while two others in the U-Haul fled the scene leaving their U-Hall truck filled the bounty of the robbery.
According to a release from Josephine County Sheriff’s Office, Nov. 18, at 3:44 p.m., deputies from the JCSO and troopers from Oregon State Police responded to the 1700 block of White Schoolhouse Road, for a reported shooting incident. Upon arrival, deputies and troopers located two deceased males with apparent gunshot wounds. Due to the nature of the incident and the lack of investigative resources, the sheriff’s office requested the Oregon State Police investigate this incident. The Oregon State Police has assumed the investigation at this time OSP has responded to the Illinois Valley News with no comment.
In the second incident Nov. 19, at 12:44 p.m. JCSO deputies along with OSP troopers responded to a call regarding shots fired in the 100 Block of S Kerby Ave.
When the deputies arrived on scene, they located a male subject with three gunshot wounds to the upper body. The victim was transported to an area hospital and is in stable condition.
According to eyewitnesses the victim was arguing with a woman who got into a maroon SUV and drove off only to turn around and drive back and fired three times. This case is still under investigation and further details are unavailable.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, please contact the sheriff’s office at 541-474-5123.
Police have said there is nothing that connects the two incidents.